The song was performed live at Barry's wedding, in February 11, 1965. Later that day, he accidentally married the wrong girl and ended up seeing the right one in the arms of some Scotsman from Hull. A memory that would later inspire his first solo album.
Releases and coversEdit
- First released on The Rutles (The Shite Album)
- Re-released on The Rutles.
- Live recordings of the song appeared on The Rutles at Che Stadium and Budokan Tokyo 1966.
- Late poet Tuli Kupferberg recorded a cover of the song on the 1993 tribute album Rutles Highway Revisited.
- Reworked by Barry on his 2017 album Give More Haircuts