Rutland is a small micro country that doesn't exist on any map, yet can be found easily. It was founded by Stub in his bathroom.
History and affiliation with The RutlesEdit
Rutland was named after its population of Ruts, and is also home to indigenous tribes such as Tuls, Sluts, and possibly The Rutles (although much scientific debate and research is still being carried out into proving whether The Rutles came from Rutland or in fact, came from another remote island called Liverpool). The country is indeed home to many important places in The Rutles story, including:
- W.C. Fields
- Doubleback Alley
- A dozen Tea Shops, none of which were actually even featured in Tragical History Tour.
- Charlton Heston Elementary School
- Rutland Art College (where Nasty formed his first band)
- Pokembroke College (where Rutles historian and interviewer Melvin Hall graduated)
- Barry's two hairdressing salons.
Rutland Weekend TelevisionEdit
It wasn't until 1975, that the people of Rutland could afford television sets, and began their own television station called Rutland Weekend Television (abbreviated as RWT). The population are still saving up to afford television on weekdays.